Vadodara : VIBGYOR High, Vadodara hosted a Summer Fest for the sports enthusiasts in collaboration with Olympia Sportz & Events, with ...
“Yoga teaches us to cure what need not to be endured and endure what cannot be cured” June 21 as the global Yoga Day, celebrated at V...
British Council International School Award (ISA) for the year 2015-18 for ‘Outstanding Development of the International Dimension in the Curriculum’ has been awarded to VIBHYOR High Kolhapur.British Council International School Award 2015-18 VIBGYOR High has won the prestigious International School Award presented...
When the ICSE 2015 results were announced, there was a big reason to celebrate at VIBGYOR High group of schools – it had achieved 100%...
Irfan Pathan believes that he can play for India soon and is hoping that his body can hold up. © AFP Irfan Pathan has resumed his tr...
Augmentation of Safety and Security Measure for our Children Dear Parents, At the onset, we would like to thank you for your ongoi...
Wednesday, July 23, 2014
Augmentation of Safety and Security Measure for our Children
At the onset, we would like to thank you for your ongoing support during this hour of crisis. Our heart goes out to the child and the family and we stand by them with a commitment that we will leave no stone unturned to ensure that the guilty are brought to justice. We will seek maximum permissible punishment under the law for perpetrators of the heinous crime.
As a school we believe that we are stand in loco parentis to our children during school hours and the said incident has truly unnerved us and raised genuine apprehensions about the enhancement of security and safety of our children while in our care.
As a responsible school management, we have initiated a structured and time-bound intervention to substantially review and augment the existing safety and security systems in the organization.
We would like to bring to your notice some of the interventions that are being implemented on an immediate basis.
We are taking the following measures immediately:-
· Substantially augmenting the number of female security guards.
· Significantly expanding CCTV coverage across each of our centers using digital IP cameras (Night vision enabled) that will be monitored by a dedicated team.
· We are taking steps to strengthen the perimeter walls of our schools as well as entry and exit points so that any external intrusion will be minimized and at no point in time any unauthorized person will be allowed to enter the school premises encompassing even the swimming pool area.
· We will amend the disclaimer in question in the disclaimer form in accordance with the government guidelines.
· We are equipping all our buses with a wireless tapping machine that will record the parent ID before the student is handed over to the parent.
· A criminal background verification check by the police authorities will be made mandatory for our faculty academic, non academic & third party staff.
· We are in negotiation with behavioral training organizations that will re-train the bus drivers and the bus maids with respect to child psychology and conduct periodic interventions to groom them on standard operating procedures pertaining to children availing transport. We already have a buffer of verified bus drivers who are deployed in case our regular drivers are not available.
· We ensure that at all points in time our male teachers are accompanied by female education facilitators during any interface with children and further measures will be undertaken to ensure that there are no lapses in the existing procedures for the same.
· In due course, we will ensure that we conduct regular training interventions to further sensitize staff at all levels to be appropriate and correct in their conduct to children and also to sensitize our children about good and bad touch as guided by counselors and child psychologists.
· We will ensure that a PTA is formed at each of our centers (over 50%participation of parents), which shall also embody a Safety & Security Review Committee to review the safety measures every quarter.
· Any changes in our staff pertaining to class teachers, coordinators, vice principal and principal shall be notified to all parents.
· All parents shall have to produce bearer cards (Pre Primary to Grade1) for picking up their wards from the school or from the drop point location.
· Our existing mechanism to send alerts to parents, about the child’s movement shall be further strengthened as we are reviewing our arrangement with existing vendor.
· We will make earnest attempts to increase the number for female coaches to assist in supporting our sports and performing arts activities.
We would like to reiterate that VIBGYOR is committed towards creating a safe and secure environment for our children and we will make every feasible intervention to eliminate any possibility of any untoward incidents.
We would like to reassure you that there is no attempt on the part of the management to either cover up or delay the investigation or to shield any guilty person in any manner whatsoever. Full cooperation is being rendered to law & order authorities.
There are several reports in the media and on online platforms through which vicious rumors and false allegations against the school and its management are being propagated. We sincerely request you not to blindly believe these reports and to verify the facts with us. There is a team that has been deployed on a 24X7 basis to answer any query and we are doing our best to revert to you as quickly as possible.
We appreciate the support and valuable suggestions that are pouring in at email@example.com and we stand by our commitment to revert to each of you on your concerns.
We thank you for your ongoing support and we stand committed by our resolve to provide highest quality education to our children.